I’m meeting up with Mohit as part of the leadership podcast series at http://www.Kiruba.TV. I’ve listed down a set of questions for him (seen at the bottom of this post). If you have any specific questions for him, please leave them at the comments section or mail me at Kiruba(@)Kiruba.com. I’d be happy to ask him on your behalf.
Mohit Anand is the Managing Director of Belkin, Indian Sub Continent, which includes India, Pakistan and Bangladesh. He is a key leader for Belkin across Asia Pacific.
His focus areas include enhancing visibility, introducing customer centric product innovations, establishing strong retail partner relationships, streamlining distribution & supply chain logistics and overall, increasing the company’s market share.
Mohit’s previous assignment was as Senior Vice President at Channel [V]. He played an important role in building the channel into the country’s most sought music channel for the urban youth. Mohit spearheaded Microsoft’s Entertainment & Devices division prior to his role at Channel [V]. At Microsoft, Mohit managed retail, media & entertainment partner relationships and also led the launch of Xbox360.
Acknowledged as one of the Top 50 young business leaders by Business India Magazine (2007), Mohit is also regarded as an Icon in the gaming industry.
Belkin, a privately held company founded in California in 1983, is the recognized global leader in connectivity solutions.
Their products includes award-winning networking solutions, accessories for mobile devices, such as iPod, iPhone, laptops and netbooks, as well as energy conservation products.
From a garage in Hawthorne, California, with two employees and sales of $100,000 for the year, Belkin has become one of the fastest growing companies in the world, with over 1,000 employees and sales topping $1 billion.
Questions for Mohit Anand.
- How big is Belkin? Tell me in terms of revenues and people strength. Both globally as well as in India.
- Explain your business model? I understand the key lies in distribution.
- Amongst all your products which ones are your best-sellers which gives you maximum revenues?
- How do you handle the competition from Chinese unbranded manufacturers who make similar products (with decent quality) at such cut-throat prices? Remember, Nokia ignored this and is now paying the price!
- Tell us about your marketing strategies. How different is marketing networking products like routers and accessories like iPad covers and stands?
- What are your expansion plans for the next 2 years?
- Mohit, talk us through your professional expeience and the various roles you have placed in Microsoft, Channel V and now at Belkin.
- What are the important experiences you have learnt in each of these stints?
- What are the achievements and high points in your professional life that you look back with a lot of pride?
- Name a couple of big challenges you faced in your life. More importantly explain how you overcame them and the key lessons learnt.
- Who are your mentors? Name important traits that you learnt from them.
- What are your hobbies and how do you manange good work-life balance?