Tomorrow, the Diya hall at Hotel Leela Palace, Bangalore will have the highest concentration of Intelligence and wealth per square inch. Thankfully, the Law of Averages in the form of my presence, will ensure that it’s brought down by half!
A select panel of 10 CEOs have been invited by NASSCOM for an exclusive round table with Ray Ozzie, Microsoft’s Chief Software Architect. Or better known as the man who took Bill Gates’ place when he retired.
The invitees are:
1. Sharad Sharma, CEO Yahoo! R&D who is also the Session Chair & Moderator.
2. Ramalinga Raju, Founder & Chairman, Satyam Computers
3. Biren Ghosh, CEO Kahani World Inc.
4. Ashish Gupta, CoFounder and Managing Partner, Helion VC
5. Rajiv Mody, Founder, Chairman and CEO, Sasken Communications
6. Anand Deshpande, Founder Chairman and Managing Director, Persistent Technologies
7. Kiruba Shankar, Blogger, Columnist, CEO, Business Blogging, Founder, F5ive Tech.
8. Mohan C M, Chief Scientist, IBM India
9. Ravi Venkatesan, Chairman and Managing Director, Microsoft India
10. Ram Narayanan, Vice President, Yahoo! R & D
The discussion is going to be on the topic, ‘Is the Rise of SaaS an Opportunity for India?’ To me, the coincidence couldn’t have been any higher. Exactly the day before I got the invite (which was two weeks ago), I had scheduled ‘SaaS’ as the subject for my column in Business Standard for next week. I’ll just advance it now. I shouldn’t have any problem getting the best quotes!
Being a blogger, I’m the natural choice for being the guy who documents the meeting discussion. With such brilliant minds around, I’m going to be one busy ‘note taker’.
The round-table with Ray brings up my memories of a similar meeting with Kevin Turner, the COO of Microsoft. It took place almost exactly one year ago.
One of the big reason why I’m eagerly looking forward to the meeting is because I’ll get to meet 8 of the 10 people for the first time. The only people who I’ve met before are Sharad and Ravi Venkatesan. It’s always interesting connecing up with new people who have accomplished a lot in their life. (which has been the motivating factor for me to start Cerebrate.)