More Comic Relief

A few days ago, our coworking office got colourful, thanks to a certain TinTin, Dilbert and Homer Simpson. This was our second installment of comic poster collection.

The entire portrait was created from scratch by our designer, Rajesh. We got it printed at a great place in North Usman Road, T.Nagar called GLO. They have this really fancy machine who’s printing quality that I’m always impressed with. After a week of anxious wait, the poster got framed. Got it done at United Brothers who’s shop is conveniently located close to the printer. Seen here is the person carrying the finished product to my car.

Transported them safely across.

It was past midnight by the time we got down to drilling holes and nailing. Huge dollops of appreciation to the neighbours who understood our need to create a racket at wee hours. We warned them up sufficiently in advance and that helped. We wanted the painting to be done before Jimmy Wales’ visit and the start of Wikipedia Academy.

The Academy in progress and the painting looked real good. Today, I was browsing through the Economic Times in Bangalore and they had a nice colourful picture of the hall with the poster. You should have seen me beam.

Jimmy at our office. Love that dilbert Simpsons picture behind him.

The last two pictures from Jaggy’s collection of photos from Wikipedia Academy.

1. Isn’t that the Simpsons behind Jimmy Wales ??

2. Aparna Ram Says: May 21, 2009 at 5:50 am

Love the color on your walls

3. Anonymous Says: May 21, 2009 at 5:51 am

Isn’t this a copyright issue?? How can you just print off pictures of comics. I remember reading in your blog about Calvin posters. I know for a fact that this is illegal. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bill_Watterson – Read the bit about merchandising.

4. Arun Kumar Says: May 21, 2009 at 5:51 am

Hello Anonymous, this isn’t a merchandising issue – at least not until Kiruba sells those framed prints as merchandise. I’ve got all the rights to print out any image that I like from the internet, copyrighted or not, and hang it on my wall – as long as I don’t claim someone else’s work to be mine.

5. Anonymous Says: May 21, 2009 at 5:52 am

Umm no you can’t. Reproduction for personal or commercial use is copyright violation

6. Anonymous Says: May 21, 2009 at 5:52 am

This new-found proximity to Jimmy, does it mean now your Wikipedia vanity page would be resurrected and won’t be deleted again? 😉

7. It is Simpsons behind Jimmy.

8. Arun Kumar Says: May 21, 2009 at 5:53 am

I stand corrected … 😐

9. Arun Kumar Says: May 21, 2009 at 5:54 am

Wait a minute, have a look at this page – http://www.unimelb.edu.au/copyright/information/fastfind/personaluse.html

and tell me if I’d have committed a copyright violation if I own the tintin comics I’m printing the pictures from, and I don’t lend it or sell it to anyone?

10. Arun Kumar Says: May 21, 2009 at 5:54 am

sorry the link didn’t come out right : http://tiny.cc/NRQfF

11. my mom was going gaga over the tintin pics on the walls:)

12. What was the wall painting cost psft?

I have sent you a mail few minutes back.

– Vijayashankar, Bangalore

13. Wow! Thats a gr8 look for your office.

14. Hi Kiruba, you are tempting me to choose this wonderful place as my workstation with the striking milieu:).

15. Nice paint job. The pictures are awful and have to go.

16. The Auror Says: May 21, 2009 at 5:57 am

jimmy visited your office, great. but why did he remove your page on his little wiki?

you have the text of the page on your orkut profile too right?

17. sasirekha Says: May 21, 2009 at 5:58 am