My 3 year old daugher has
measles chicken-pox. And the customs that folks at home follow got me intrigued.
- A bunch of neem leaves is softly rubbed on her body to take care of itching. No scratching with hands.
- No sleeping on mattresses. That’s curled up. Instead neem leaves are spread on the empty bed.
- A cup with turmeric water is placed at the entrance. Anybody entering in will need to sprinkle themselves with this. I haven’t figured out the reason.
- Oh, they also need to wash their feet before entering in. I understand this is for cleaniness.
- Me & my wife are advised against physical contact. Apparently, when parents have sex, the kid’s measles won’t go away.
I guess some traditions will continue to be passed on thru generations.