The latest issue of FINISH LINE, the magazine of the Madras Runners Club is out.
Washing Machine Hunt : My old washing machine conked out and so I ventured out on a hunt along with a friend who also wanted to buy one for himself. It was an interesting experience. Here are the learning…
1) The Top loading Washing machine consumes 7 buckets of water while the Front loading machine consumes only 3 buckets of water.
2) After about two years, the front loading machines develop leakage because of the casket getting damaged.
3) Never trust the salesman at the shop. I learnt that they are trained to push the product which gives them the largest commissions.
4) Some of the jargon that clogged my head – ‘bubble wash technology’, ‘hand wash agitator’, ‘enzyme germinator’, ‘Puncher Pump’….Aargh !!
5) I was disappointed at the lack of good looks in almost all the models. There wasn’t one single washing machine that caught my fancy.
We finally settled for Whirlpool.
Google has already started integrating the Pro features in the basic version. Today I find the “Upload File” feature and the “Post on future dates” feature enabled. Google says it will take a few more weeks to integrate the “Post by email” feature. Now, that’s one feature I’d love to have. Right now, I’m kinda happy sticking to Blogger.
Blogger Pro will no longer exist. All the features in Blogger Pro will now be available for the free users. Heard this news via Suman, who is a pro user himself. Initially, I was a bit surprised at this decision but then it began to dawn on me. The money from the Pro membership would’ve anyway been peanuts for Google. Besides, by offering all the advanced features for free, they are in effect murdering the competition… especially TypePad.
I helped launch a recruitment ad for my company. For those in Chennai, take a look at Page 2 in the ‘Opportunities’ section of today’s The Hindu.